We're in love with these watermelon pancakes and will all be making them as soon as we leave the office this evening! Here's the recipe.
Using squeeze bottles makes these best-of-summer pancakes easy to prepare, and Original Bisquick mix makes them delicious.
- 2 cups Original Bisquick™ mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- Green and pink gel food colors
- 2 squeeze bottles with fine tips, if desired
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Maple syrup, if desired
- 1 In medium bowl, place Bisquick mix. In another bowl or measuring cup, beat eggs and milk using whisk. Pour into bowl of Bisquick, and mix well. Place about one-third of the batter into another bowl, and using a toothpick, add a few tiny drops of green gel color; mix well. To remaining batter, add a few tiny drops of pink gel color; mix well. Spoon the batters into 2 separate squeeze bottles, which makes it easier to create watermelon shape.
- 2 Heat 10-inch or larger nonstick skillet or griddle to medium heat (325°F); grease lightly, and pipe (or spoon) the pink batter into rounds. Outline the pink batter with a small strip of green batter. Sprinkle chocolate chips onto the pink sections, and cook until bubbles begin to form around edges of pancakes; turn. Cook other side until slightly golden and edges are dry. Transfer to plate, and sprinkle with additional chocolate chips, if you like.
- 3 Serve warm with maple syrup.