About this policy
Sunuva Limited ("we" or "us") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our terms of website use and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Sunuva Limited of 59 Goldney Road, London, W9 2AR.
|COOKIE ISSUER||PURPOSE OF COOKIE||INTRUSIVENESS OF COOKIE|
|Google™ Analytics||To enable your visit to our site to be logged anonymously for the purpose of website statistics.||Very Low|
|Sunuva||To enable storing of your visit session data, including storing of basket contents and maintaining your logged in status.||Very Low|
|Zendesk||To enable our live chat facility to operate and to allow our chat operators to identify your previous queries.||Low|
|Triggered Messaging||To enable our basket abandonment service to email you if your shopping session ends prematurely. This cookie allows our system to identify you to tailor any messages we may send you.||Medium|
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site at www.sunuva.com ("our site"). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site. Registration is free with no obligation to purchase goods and entitles members to receive a number of selected benefits.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
Protecting your security
To ensure that your credit, debit or charge card is not being used without your consent, we will validate name, address and other personal information supplied by you during the order process against appropriate third party databases. By accepting these terms and conditions you consent to such checks being made. In performing these checks personal information provided by you may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency which may keep a record of that information. You can rest assured that this is done only to confirm your identity, that a credit check is not performed and that your credit rating will be unaffected. All information provided by you will be treated securely and strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Sunuva payment pages are held on Braintree secure servers. Braintree is a popular and established Internet payment gateway. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Braintree employs encryption and firewalling techniques to provide the maximum security against fraud and hackers. For more information about Braintree products or systems, please visit www.braintreepayments.com.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use the information we have about you to tailor the content and try to ensure that the offers are as relevant to you as possible.
Information held about you are used in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To send you our promotional materials or provide you with information regarding special offers and new ranges that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and where necessary, to contact you to verify your registered details prior to shipping goods to you;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data to provide you with information about Sunuva goods and services, which may be of interest to you, or we may contact you about these by post or telephone. We may contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) or via post, with information about our goods similar to those, which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
We work with Epsilon Abacus (registered as Epsilon International UK Ltd), and Experian that manage prospect pools on behalf of UK retailers. The participating retailers are active in the clothing, collectables, food & wine, gardening, gadgets & entertainment, health & beauty, household goods, and home interiors categories. They share information on what their customers buy then analyse this information to help us understand their wider buying patterns. This helps us plan what we send you, based on what you like to buy. If you don’t want us to hold this information about you, you can change it at any time by updating your mailing preferences.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group. We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective sellers or buyers of such business or assets.
- In the event that our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case the personal data of our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of website use or terms and conditions of sale and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Sunuva, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction and processing payment through the Braintree & tradel system.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise the right at any time by contacting us at [email protected].
Our site may, from time to time, may contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10.00 GBP to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Alternatively, you can telephone our customer care team on +44 (0)800 7789 789.